Saturday, April 7, 2012

Shirt Design

You need a Thneed So... my favorite Dr. Seuss book is the Lorax, and as you all know, a new movie recently came out.  I instantly fell in love with it as well, and I got really bored today, so I decided to make a design tribute to the Thneed company- you know, the evil corporation owned by the Once-Ler that destroys the Truffila forest and makes the land uninhabitable for all the critters there.

I've been thinking about knitting me a thneed, but it looks like it would take absolutely forever and then be retarded after you make it.  I'd say that they really do all the things that the book says they do, but all those things are kinda stupid.

Actually, I just re-read it, most of those things are pretty useful. 
  • Shirt
  • a sock
  • a large glove
  • A hat
  • Carpet
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • curtains
  • Covers For Bicycle Seats
  • Hammock
  • Toothbrush Holder
  • Nest For Your Canary
  • Thneed Soup That Cures Backache Pain And Chest (how this is possible is unknown)
  • Makes A Perfect Windsheild Wiper
  • Groom Your Hair When It Gets Mussed
  • a sweater
  • an umbrella
  • towel
  • Pants
  • Blindfold
  • Shoes
  • Swimsuit
  • Sponge
  • Scarf
  • Tight rope
  • Butterfly net
  • Thing for exercise 
I can actually see how most of those things work if the arm/leg thing is detachable, like with buttons or something.  It gives you a million versatile ways to wear it.

Hmm...  this post was basically an ad for my new pic, so I'll do a review of the movie later.

No comments:

Post a Comment